Ayr Rockets: Dressing Room Policy
This policy has been adopted to make the arena a safe, secure and comfortable place for all girls participating in the Association.
- Dressing rooms will be off-limits to all males, including, but not limited to, fathers, brothers, grandfathers, while any players are changing into or out of hockey equipment before or after a game or practice. In application this means that any equipment adjustment required to be done by a male, such as, but not limited to, skate tying, will be done outside the dressing room.
- ARGHA observes the 2-deep rule for adult presence in dressing rooms. If adult supervision is required in the dressing room, a minimum of two adult females must be present at all times during which players are in the room. Preferably one of these individuals will be the registered team trainer, however, in her absence she may designate another suitable adult female as dressing room monitor. The team may also elect to appoint designated female parents to monitor dressing room activities. It is expected that the appointed individuals will observe the 2-deep rule at all times when in the presence of minors.
- Male coaches will be admitted to the dressing room 10 minutes prior to official game or practice times to conduct pre-event talks and for up to 10 minutes after the game or practice is completed and players have left the ice, to conduct post-event discussions. During these two periods, a minimum of one adult female should be present in the dressing room as per the above.
- In the event that a player arrives in the dressing room during the 10-minute pre-game period she is not to commence dressing until all male coaches have left the room for the start of the game or practice.
- In the event that a player is still in the process of dressing when the 10-minute period is to commence, that player will be requested by the trainer or her designate to stop changing, to don suitable covering clothing and not continue to change until all male coaches have left the room for the start of the game or practice.
- The only exception to the above will be in the event of a medical emergency as determined by and at the sole discretion of a qualified trainer or medical practitioner.
- The use of cell phones, personal digital assistants (PDA’s) or other image-taking devices is prohibited in all dressing rooms except when being used to deal with a medical emergency as determined by and at the sole discretion of a qualified trainer or medical practitioner.
- Team Trainers are responsible for enforcement of the Dressing Room Policy.